Employment at Alki Kayak Tours
Alki Kayak Tours is looking to hire the best people to help our organization succeed and grow. We are locally oriented and offer some of the best customer service in the industry.
In order to apply for any of these positions, you must be available April-October, and understand that we are slow early season. You must be an enthusiast for our sports, bring expertise to the table, and be able to learn the ropes quickly.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject attn: Applications.
Alki Kayak Tours Manager Position
- 24-Hour accountability for Rental and Tours Operations
- Schedule and Maintain adequate staffing in a cost effective manner
- Independent problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills including teaching, coaching and mentoring, with an ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service
- Payroll, Inventory Management, POS System Management, Reporting
- Online Communications through Website Updates, Email responses, and Social Media Updates
- Sea Kayak and SUP Course Development and Implementation.
- Website Updates
- Successful candidate will be required to be on site during busiest times and be available on weekends
- Experienced professional in Outdoor Industry with specialty skills in Sea Kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Skating
- Availability from April-October with no major time commitments to be traveling during that period.
- Knowledge of small outboard motor maintenance.
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs unassisted in a repetitive manner all day every day
- First Aid/CPR
- Competent understanding of NW Human History and Natural History
- Able to multitask and delegate work. Organized with an innate ability to see tasks through to completion.
This is a unique position in the NW that requires the right person in place. There is opportunity for growth and long term possibilities exist for the right person.
Naturalist Sea Kayak Guide
- Conduct daily sea kayak tours
- Strong sea kayaking and water oriented background and skills.
- Exceptional communication and people oriented skills.
- Organizational capabilities/interest in sustainable tourism.
- NW Local History and Natural History knowledge.
We will also be holding a guide training in April to train potential guides. If you think you have what it takes, sign up for the session. $250 for the 3 day training. If you get hired you are eligible for a refund. If you get training, it costs you $250. Applications are accepted for this class by emailing request to email@example.com, attn: Guide Training.
- Operate rental facility providing Sea Kayaks, Stand Up Paddleboards, Inline and Quad Skates, Bikes, Long Boards, and Fishing Boats.
- Ensure safe use of all gear, evaluate every customer and their ability to use product without injury.
- Train kayakers, skaters, SUPrs, bikers, and boaters.
- Maintain kayaks, skates, SUPs, bikes, and boats.
- Use POS system for accurate reporting.
There will be a 2 week trial period for anyone hired. We will re-visit the candidates performance at that time, and offer a permanent seasonal position after the initial 2 week trial period.